We’re open for submissions, folks! in 2022, we’re accepting rolling submissions full-length manuscripts by women, transgender and gender-nonconforming People of Color in the Pacific Northwest. We’re primarily interested in non-fiction works, including poetry, but will consider fiction if the content is in conversation with other works from our catalog. We’re particularly interested in works related to:
- Regional/cultural history with ties to the Pacific Northwest, from the viewpoint of non-dominant cultural perspectives
- Chicano/a voices and experiences
- Queer parenting or birthwork
Please include a cover letter with your manuscript addressing the following:
- How your work connects to our mission statement and engages in conversation with other works from our catalog
- Recurring themes in your manuscript
- What you hope to accomplish via publication
Send your cover letter and manuscript to bluecactuspress (at) gmail (dot) com. Manuscripts should be sent in Microsoft word (.doc or .docx) format, in 12 point, Times New Roman font. For prose, please ensure your work is double-spaced. For poetry, please send your work spaced/placed as it is intended to be read on the page.
Submitted manuscripts will be considered for 2023 and 2024 publication. We will try our best to personally respond to your submission within three months of receiving your work. However, depending on the volume of submissions, we may not be able to.
If you are not a woman, transgender and gender-nonconforming person of color, we will not read or respond to your submission. We value and respect a diversity of voices in our community, however, we are intent on building spaces and dialogue in which marginalized voices are centered.